High Quality NM HRC FCL L Type Flexible Jaw Coupling
1. Material: Carbon steel, Alloy steel, Aluminum, Rubber and Cast Iron etc.
2. Finishing: Painted, blacken, zinc plated and so on.
3. OEM and ODM are available
4. Quick and easy mounting and disassembly.
5. High quality with competitive price
Our coupling type as below:
Chain Coupling: 3012, 4012, 4014, 4018, 5014, 5016, 5018, 6018, 6571, 6571, 8018, 8571, 8571, 1571, 12018, 12571
Tyre Coupling: A40,A50,A60,A70,A80,A90,A100,A110,A120,A140,A160,A180,A200
HRC Coupling: 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 180, 230, 280
MH Coupling: 45, 55, 65, 80, 90, 115, 130, 145, 175, 200
NM Coupling: 50, 67, 82, 97, 112, 128, 148, 168, 194, 214, 240, 265
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L225
Flange Coupling: 90, 100, 112, 125, 140, 160, 180, 200, 224, 250, 280, 315, 355, 400, 450, 560, 630
Pin Coupling: 67, 83, 102, 134, 178, 204, 254, 318
Spacer Coupling: F40, F50, F60, F70, F80, F90, F100, F110, F120, F140
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L225
HangZhou CZPT Industry Co., Ltd. is a specialized supplier of a full range of chains, sprockets, gears, gear racks, v belt pulley, timing pulley, V-belts, couplings, machined parts and so on.
Due to our CZPT in offering best service to our clients, understanding of your needs and overriding sense of responsibility toward filling ordering requirements, we have obtained the trust of buyers worldwide. Having accumulated precious experience in cooperating with foreign customers, our products are selling well in the American, European, South American and Asian markets. Our products are manufactured by modern computerized machinery and equipment. Meanwhile, our products are manufactured according to high quality standards, and complying with the international advanced standard criteria.
With many years’ experience in this line, we will be trusted by our advantages in competitive price, one-time delivery, prompt response, on-hand engineering support and good after-sales services.
Additionally, all our production procedures are in compliance with ISO9001 standards. We also can design and make non-standard products to meet customers’ special requirements. Quality and credit are the bases that make a corporation alive. We will provide best services and high quality products with all sincerity. If you need any information or samples, please contact us and you will have our soon reply.
Can flexible couplings be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both the food processing and pharmaceutical industries under certain conditions. These industries have stringent requirements for equipment used in their processes, including hygienic design, cleanliness, and resistance to contamination. Here’s how flexible couplings can be used in these industries:
- Hygienic Design: In food processing and pharmaceutical applications, flexible couplings with hygienic designs are essential to prevent the accumulation of food particles, dust, or other contaminants. Stainless steel or FDA-approved materials are commonly used to ensure compliance with hygiene standards and ease of cleaning.
- Cleanability: The equipment used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries must be easily cleanable to maintain product purity. Flexible couplings with smooth surfaces and no crevices or pockets that can trap particles are preferred.
- Chemical Resistance: Some food processing and pharmaceutical applications involve the use of cleaning agents or chemicals. Flexible couplings must be resistant to these chemicals to prevent degradation and ensure long-term reliability.
- Corrosion Resistance: In food processing and pharmaceutical environments, equipment is often exposed to washdowns and sanitizing solutions. Flexible couplings made of corrosion-resistant materials can withstand these conditions and maintain their performance over time.
- Compliance with Standards: The food processing and pharmaceutical industries are subject to strict regulations and standards. Flexible couplings used in these industries should comply with relevant industry standards, such as FDA, EHEDG, or NSF standards.
- Non-Toxic Materials: Flexible couplings used in direct contact with food or pharmaceutical products must be made of non-toxic materials that will not contaminate the process.
- Resistant to Temperature Extremes: Some food and pharmaceutical processes involve extreme temperatures. Flexible couplings must be capable of withstanding high and low temperatures without compromising their integrity.
When selecting flexible couplings for food processing and pharmaceutical applications, it is essential to work closely with manufacturers and suppliers who understand the industry’s unique requirements. Customized solutions may be necessary to ensure that the couplings meet the specific needs of the application and comply with industry standards.
Summary: Flexible couplings can be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries when they meet the necessary hygiene, cleanability, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, compliance with standards, and temperature resistance requirements. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings can contribute to the efficiency and reliability of equipment in these critical industries.
How does a flexible coupling accommodate changes in shaft alignment due to thermal expansion?
Flexible couplings are designed to accommodate changes in shaft alignment that occur due to thermal expansion in rotating machinery. When equipment operates at elevated temperatures, the materials used in the shafts and other components expand, causing shifts in the relative positions of the connected shafts. This thermal expansion can lead to misalignment, which, if not addressed, may result in additional stress on the equipment and premature wear.
Flexible couplings employ specific design features that allow them to handle thermal-induced misalignment effectively:
- Flexibility: The primary feature of a flexible coupling is its ability to flex and deform to some extent. This flexibility allows the coupling to absorb small amounts of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment that may result from thermal expansion. As the shafts expand or contract, the flexible coupling compensates for the misalignment, helping to maintain proper alignment between the two shafts.
- Radial Clearance: Some flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings, have radial clearance between the coupling’s mating parts. This radial clearance provides additional room for the shafts to move laterally during thermal expansion without creating excessive forces on the coupling or connected equipment.
- Sliding Elements: Certain flexible couplings feature sliding elements that can move relative to each other. This capability allows the coupling to accommodate axial displacement resulting from thermal expansion or other factors.
- Flexible Element Materials: The materials used in the flexible elements of the coupling are chosen for their ability to handle the temperature range experienced in the application. Elastomeric materials, for example, can be selected to withstand high temperatures while still maintaining their flexibility.
It is essential to understand that while flexible couplings can compensate for some degree of thermal-induced misalignment, there are limits to their capabilities. If the thermal expansion exceeds the coupling’s compensating range, additional measures, such as incorporating expansion joints or using specialized couplings designed for greater misalignment compensation, may be necessary.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with potential thermal expansion, it is crucial to consider the expected operating temperature range and the level of misalignment that may occur due to thermal effects. Working with coupling manufacturers and consulting coupling catalogs can help in choosing the most suitable coupling type and size for the specific thermal conditions of the machinery.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-09-14