Stainless Steel Grooved Pipe Coupling 2” DN50mm 600psi (4.0Mpa)
1. Available Size:
* 3/4” – 12” ( DN20-DN300mm)
2. Maximum Working Pressure :
* 600 CHINAMFG ( 40 bar)
* working pressure dependent on material, wall thickness and size of pipe .
* Provides a flexible pipe joint which allows for expansion, contraction and deflection
* This product joints standard Sch 40S cut grooved pipe
* Suit for pipeline medium including cold water, hot water, rare acid, Oil-free air and chemical
Body Material : SS304, SS316, SS316L, SS CE8MN, SS Duplex 2204, SS Duplex 2507
Rubber Sealing : EPDM
Bolt & Nut : SS304, SS316
5. Dimension Sheet :
Typical for all sizes
|Model S30 Stainless Steel Flexible Coupling|
|Nominal Size||Pipe O.D||Working Pressure||Pipe End Separation||Coupling Dimensions||Coupling Bolts|
|20 3/4||26.9 1.050||600 42||0-1.6 0-0.06||47 1.850||87 3.425||43 1.693||2||M10x40|
|25 1||32 1.260||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||53 2.087||90 3.543||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||38 1.496||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||58 2.283||94 3.700||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||42.4 1.660||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||62 2.441||106 4.173||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|40 1 1/2||48.3 1.900||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||67 2.638||106 4.173||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|50 2||57 2.244||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||77 3.031||116 4.567||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|50 2||60.3 2.375||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||78 3.071||117 4.606||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||73 2.875||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||76.1 3.000||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|80 3||88.9 3.500||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||110 4.330||150 5.905||45 1.771||2||M10x50|
|100 4||108 4.250||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||135 5.315||184 7.244||47 1.850||2||M12x60|
|100 4||114 4.500||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||139 5.472||190 7.480||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||133 5.250||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||164 6.456||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||141.3 5.563||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||168 6.614||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|150 6||159 6.259||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||190 7.480||240 9.448||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|150 6||168.3 6.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||198 7.795||246 9.685||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|200 8||219.1 8.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||253 9.961||318 12.519||57 2.244||2||M12x70|
|250 10||273 10.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||315 12.401||396 15.590||59 2.322||2||M20x110|
|300 12||323.9 12.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||372 14.645||452 17.795||60 2.362||2||M20x110|
What are the maintenance-free options available for flexible couplings?
Several maintenance-free options are available for flexible couplings, designed to reduce or eliminate the need for regular maintenance and lubrication. These options offer long-lasting performance and reliability while minimizing downtime and operational costs. Below are some maintenance-free options for flexible couplings:
1. Maintenance-Free Elastomeric Couplings: Elastomeric couplings with a specific design and materials can be maintenance-free. These couplings often incorporate high-quality elastomeric elements that do not require periodic lubrication. The elastomeric material provides damping of shocks and vibrations and allows for misalignment compensation, making them suitable for various applications without the need for regular maintenance.
2. Non-Lubricated Metallic Couplings: Some metallic couplings are designed to operate without the need for lubrication. These couplings use self-lubricating materials or specialized coatings that reduce friction between moving parts, eliminating the need for manual lubrication. They can handle high torque and speed requirements while providing reliable performance over extended periods without maintenance.
3. Pre-Lubricated Couplings: Certain flexible couplings come pre-lubricated during manufacturing. These couplings have grease or lubricant already applied to the critical components, providing sufficient lubrication for an extended period of operation. As a result, users do not need to perform regular lubrication maintenance, reducing maintenance tasks and associated costs.
4. Sealed Couplings: Some flexible couplings are designed with integrated seals or shields that protect internal components from contaminants and prevent lubricant leakage. These sealed couplings are inherently maintenance-free, as they ensure long-lasting performance without the need for external maintenance or re-lubrication.
5. Non-Wearing Materials: Certain flexible couplings are constructed using non-wearing materials, such as high-performance polymers. These materials offer excellent resistance to wear and abrasion, reducing the need for maintenance and replacement due to wear-related issues.
6. Torque-Responsive Couplings: Some maintenance-free couplings are designed to disengage or slip when the torque exceeds a certain threshold. This feature protects the connected equipment from excessive loads, preventing damage and reducing the need for maintenance or repairs caused by overload conditions.
Summary: Maintenance-free options for flexible couplings are available, offering reliable and long-lasting performance without the need for regular maintenance and lubrication. These couplings utilize specialized materials, designs, and features to handle various operating conditions while minimizing downtime and operational costs. Selecting a maintenance-free coupling that suits the specific application requirements can significantly improve the overall efficiency and reliability of the mechanical system.
What are the challenges of using flexible couplings in heavy-duty industrial machinery?
Using flexible couplings in heavy-duty industrial machinery can offer numerous benefits, such as reducing shock loads, accommodating misalignment, and protecting connected equipment. However, there are several challenges that need to be addressed to ensure successful and reliable performance:
- Torsional Stiffness: Heavy-duty machinery often requires high torsional stiffness to maintain accurate rotational timing and prevent energy losses. Selecting a flexible coupling with the appropriate level of torsional stiffness is crucial to avoid excessive torsional deflection and maintain power transmission efficiency.
- High Torque and Speed: Heavy-duty machinery typically operates at high torque and speed levels. The flexible coupling must be capable of handling these intense loads without exceeding its torque or speed ratings, which could lead to premature failure.
- Alignment and Runout: Proper shaft alignment is critical for the reliable operation of flexible couplings in heavy-duty machinery. Misalignment can cause additional stresses and premature wear on the coupling and connected components. Achieving and maintaining precise alignment is essential to maximize coupling performance.
- Environmental Conditions: Heavy-duty industrial machinery often operates in harsh environments with exposure to dust, dirt, chemicals, and extreme temperatures. Flexible couplings must be constructed from durable and corrosion-resistant materials to withstand these conditions and maintain their functionality over time.
- Impact and Shock Loads: Some heavy-duty machinery may experience frequent impact and shock loads, which can lead to fatigue and failure in the flexible coupling. Choosing a coupling with high shock load capacity and fatigue resistance is vital to ensure longevity and reliability.
- Regular Maintenance: Heavy-duty machinery demands rigorous maintenance schedules to monitor the condition of flexible couplings and other components. Timely inspection and replacement of worn or damaged couplings are essential to prevent unexpected downtime and costly repairs.
- Coupling Selection: Properly selecting the right type of flexible coupling for the specific application is crucial. Different types of couplings offer varying levels of misalignment compensation, torque capacity, and environmental resistance. Choosing the wrong coupling type or size can lead to inefficiencies and premature failures.
Despite these challenges, using flexible couplings in heavy-duty industrial machinery can provide significant advantages. By carefully considering the application requirements, selecting high-quality couplings, and implementing regular maintenance protocols, engineers can overcome these challenges and enjoy the benefits of flexible couplings, including increased equipment lifespan, reduced maintenance costs, and improved overall system performance.
What are the factors to consider when choosing a flexible coupling for a specific system?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific system requires careful consideration of several factors. The following are the key factors that should be taken into account:
- 1. Misalignment Requirements: Assess the type and magnitude of misalignment expected in the system. Different couplings are designed to handle specific types of misalignment, such as angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. Choose a coupling that can accommodate the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and failure.
- 2. Torque Capacity: Determine the required torque capacity of the coupling to ensure it can transmit the necessary power between the shafts. Consider both the continuous and peak torque loads that the system may experience.
- 3. Operating Speed: Take into account the rotational speed of the system. High-speed applications may require couplings that can handle the additional centrifugal forces and balance requirements.
- 4. Temperature Range: Consider the operating temperature range of the system. Select a coupling material that can withstand the temperatures encountered without losing its mechanical properties.
- 5. Environment and Conditions: Evaluate the environmental conditions where the coupling will be used, such as exposure to moisture, chemicals, dust, or corrosive substances. Choose a coupling material that is compatible with the operating environment.
- 6. Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the coupling installation. Some couplings have compact designs suitable for applications with limited space.
- 7. Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance. Some couplings may require special tools or disassembly for maintenance, while others offer quick and simple installation.
- 8. Torsional Stiffness: Evaluate the torsional stiffness of the coupling. A balance between flexibility and stiffness is essential to prevent excessive torsional vibrations while accommodating misalignment.
- 9. Shock and Vibration Damping: For applications with high shock loads or vibration, select a coupling with excellent damping characteristics to protect the system from excessive forces.
- 10. Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the coupling with the overall budget for the system. Consider the long-term cost implications, including maintenance and replacement expenses.
Ultimately, the choice of a flexible coupling should align with the specific requirements and operating conditions of the system. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can provide valuable insights to ensure the optimal selection of a coupling that enhances system performance, reliability, and efficiency.
editor by CX 2023-09-21